How does that First Call Sound?
If your an Entrepreneur then everything matters in how you present your business image but that first impression is the often a deciding factor in profitability. Entrepreneurs rely on their telephone systems more then established businesses because it is the sheer life blood of an organization. No one can guarantee you success or perfection in this life but communication tools can help you grow.
We live in one of the most competitive environments in history and therefore having nothing less then a true business image could be crippling to Entrepreneurs, and small business owners. Often the first impression a client receives is that very first inbound call received!
What factors go into that first call?
- Was it a cellphone number in many areas it is obvious when a number is a cellphone.
- Was their an announcement or auto attendant ?
- How was the call?
- Did the person answering the call sound professional?
Today you have options like Virtual business phone numbers or virtual phone lines so that your business can start and grow as it has more resources. A Virtual Business phone line can be advertised and promoted like any other business line!
Companies like My2ndNumber, offer packages and programs that grow with your business and can provide just a simple virtual phone number or a small business phone systems to meet your needs. A team of true telecom professionals are available to help and guide you to the right affordable options.
You may not know much about BRAND or Branding but it is extremely important when building your business. Branding in its simple form is awareness of your company’s existence and building a Brand over time is critical to building your business value. So we want to discuss briefly 5 mistakes you can’t make in building a startup.
5 Mistakes you cannot make in building a startup
- You can’t provide bad customer care in first 24 to 36 months it can be a death nail to a business. You must find ways to keep your word as a business. Today, consumers have the ability to black ball you very quickly and very easily with online reviews.
- You can’t ignore calls! A big complaint of home based businesses, startups and contractors is they do not return calls, and do not respond. We know what happens is you get busy and at that moment you may have plenty of work. It’s better to say “I am sorry we are busy and unable to help you but in the future I hope you can’t take us.” Consumers admire Honesty.
- You can’t use Google Voice or a Cellphone to be your primary business phone number. Those are not business lines. There are affordable alternatives that you can use that will scale with you. Companies like My2ndNumber offer programs for each stage of your business. Why you may ask? Simple, using a Google Voice number is a big issue we see as you do not own the phone number. 2nd, Cellphone numbers although you own it limit you as you grow. A first step is a virtual business line that rings on top of your cell phone but can be advertised and promoted. Then when you have a staff it can be set to direct calls to multiple cell phones or landlines with a professional welcome message. This is what today’s consumers expect.
- It cost 5x more to obtain new customers! You can’t lose your customers information! It is critical from the very beginning that you build your business database. There are several low cost or free products like ZOHO or Vtiger that are similar to programs like Saleforce and others on the market. The more you learn and known about your customer the cheaper it will be to build your brand.
- Cannot ignore social media. Today depending on the demographics (age and gender and even type of client) being on various social media platforms is critical. Facebook being the most common. Facebook has become today’s local community where you can generate word of mouth.
Entrepreneurs Telephone Systems